Week of Dec 3rd through Dec 9th
Did You Know?
A new study revealed that practicing Tai Chi when you’re older may delay dementia. After six months of Tai Chi, adults with mild cognitive decline improved their cognitive assessment. Adults who added additional cognitive challenges, such as spelling words while performing the Tai Chi moves, improved significantly. The study’s author stated that Tai Chi with cognitive exercises added as many as six extra years of cognitive function.
(Source: Tai Chi boosts your memory. The Week. November 24, 2023)
- Beginning Drawing’s final class with Arleen Mariotti will meet December 8th.
- Chair Yoga is back on December 8th.
- Artist Conversations is December 13th. We are bringing in Guest Speaker Katie Broussard from 12 to 1. Katie is a watercolor plein air painter and children’s book illustrator. She will speak about the process she uses for plein air painting, and how it informs her studio practice. She will also share about the book illustration process and how plein air painting has made her a better illustrator. There will be light refreshments provided.
- Photo Club has issued December’s challenge: “December Holiday Cheer”. Lights and decorations, day and night, submit your photos and join the photo club on December 20th at 1:30pm on Zoom.
- Are You Interested In Mah Jongg? The LEC is still looking for a Mah Jongg instructor. The sign up sheet is on the resource table in the activity room or you can email us at [email protected].
- Beginners Conversational Spanish with Ricardo Cruz is on Thursday mornings from 10 to noon. It begins on January 11th and runs through February 15th.
- All art submissions for the Florida State Fair are due January 3rd and MUST be wired correctly. On Wednesday Jan 3rd Tim will be hosting a Wiring Class from 12-1pm. Bring in your piece so that we can guide you through wiring it correctly. Anything NOT wired correctly will be given back to you and not taken to the fair.
- Potluck is December 6th, bring in your favorite dish and join us.
- The LEC will be closed December 18th through January 1st. We hope you have a wonderful holiday season. Can’t wait to see you all again in the New Year.