https://lectampa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/announcement.jpg 503 784 Morgan D https://lectampa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/LEC-logo-300x82.png Morgan D2023-11-25 12:01:012023-11-21 12:01:11Announcements November 26th through December 2nd
Week of November 26th through Dec 2nd
- Beginning Drawing with Arleen Mariotti will meet December 1st and 8th.
- Chair Yoga is not meeting December 1st. Debbie will be back on December 8th.
- Artist Conversations is December 13th. We are bringing in Guest Speaker Katie Broussard from 12 to 1. Katie is a watercolor plein air painter and children’s book illustrator. She has illustrated 4 children’s books and is currently in-progress on her first book as an author/illustrator. Katie will speak about the process she uses for plein air painting, and how it informs her studio practice. She will also share about the book illustration process and how plein air painting has made her a better illustrator.
- Photo Club has issued December’s challenge: “December Holiday Cheer”. Lights and decorations, day and night, submit your photos and join the photo club on December 20th at 1:30pm on Zoom.
- The Florida State Fair applications are due to us by November 29th and it is $5 per entry. You can apply in person or online at floridastatefair.com. If you apply online please print out the form and proof of payment and turn it into Morgan. IF YOUR APPLICATION AND PAYMENT ARE NOT HERE BY WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 29th WE WILL NOT BE TAKING YOUR ARTWORK TO THE FAIR.
- Are You Interested In Mah Jongg? The LEC has been getting calls about an additional Mah Jongg class. We are also looking for an instructor. The sign up sheet is on the resource table in the activity room or you can email us at [email protected].
- We want to celebrate our Veterans all month long. Thank you to our LEC Veterans for your service; Betty Hagan, Marty Kledzik, Tim Gibbons, Campbell Buchanan, Rick Austin, John Chaplick, Lionel Sanchez, Patricia Korducavich, and Steven Elliot.
- The LEC will be closed December 18th through January 1st. We hope you have a wonderful holiday season. Can’t wait to see you all again in the New Year.