LEC Book Club
Time: Every 3rd Tuesday, 12:30pm-1:45pm
Cost: Members FREE / Nonmembers $5
Calling all readers!
The LEC Book Club is a social group of individuals who love to read. They meet every third Tuesday of each month via Zoom to discuss a book which members have decided on, by vote, the previous month. Book clubs provide a wonderful forum for readers to talk about books, pursue their love of reading, and make new friends!
The Book Club is meant to be a place where you are able to share your thoughts and opinions within a comfortable, casual, and open group of people. Discussions are informal but often start with a few structured questions to get the conversation flowing.
Members are often introduced to book genres they might not normally read. Books that are chosen provoke discussions that are thoughtful and respectful. Our lifetime experiences, when shared with the group, bring more meaning to what we have read.
- Key West Literary Society https://www.kwls.org/audio-archive/
- Audio Library Florida https://flopac.klas.com/
- Anyone can search the National Library Service (NLS) catalog http://nlscatalog.loc.gov/but only registered library patrons can place orders for books. To order via the web at https://flopac.klas.com/ you must first contact us by telephone (1-800-226-6075) or email ([email protected]) to verify your account and obtain a password.
Where to buy used books:
- The Paperback Exchange Bookstore can be visited in Pasco on 52 in Port Richey also has an online store. 6412 Ridge Rd, Port Richey, FL 34668 (727) 845-3494http://www.pbx-books.com/
- MoJo Book and records on 2540 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL 33612 http://www.mojotampa.com/
- Abe Books Https://Abebooks.com
- Amazon-search for book title, click used books, look for ones in good condition- and search by lowest price + shipping
This is a great group and I would highly recommend this book club. We have some interesting reads and good discussions and it is always interesting to hear what others are reading.