Thursdays 11:00 am- 11:50 am (Moderators sign in 10 minutes early to help with any technical issues, or for first time zoom users!!)
$6 Members/ $ 8 LEC Non Members
Stability is the newest class designed to help you become stronger and improve balance. The movements taught in class focus on specific exercises to improve strength and power around the ankle, knee and hip joints, while improving your reaction time. This class is designed for fall prevention and is suitable for nearly every fitness level. It can be adapted depending on the skill of individual participants. A chair may be used for balance and support. We will not be getting on the floor. Fun music will be played!
Equipment needed: water, band, weights, chair, sneakers, and a smile!!
- 20 minutes: Warm-up with bands, resistance bands, hand weights and Silver Sneakers ball.
- 20 minutes: Low impact cardio
- Last 10 minutes: Stretching and chair yoga to cool down.
Kristin’s goal: Create a class environment where everyone feels good about themselves despite challenges or physical limitations. Empower students to meet or exceed their own health and fitness goals.
Kristin’s Motto: “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel” – Dr. Maya Angelou
- Certified Dementia Practitioner
- Certified InstruMix Instructor (specialized music therapy for seniors with dementia)
- Certified Water Aerobics Instructor for United States Water Fitness Association
- Certified Silver Sneakers Instructor: Balance & Stability, Yoga, Chair Yoga, Classic, Circuit, Boom and Splash
- Certified Spinning Instructor through Madd Dog
- CPR/AED & First Aid Certifications