Creative Fire: Embers and Ashes is a literary magazine published by the Life Enrichment Center. We are currently accepting original works of writing in fiction, non-fiction, and poetry from all LEC members.
The submission deadline is Thursday, August 31, 2017 (submissions received after the deadline will not be considered).
- You may submit up to five pieces of writing of any genre but please realize that not all may be published.
- Please only submit original, unpublished work. Please do not submit previously published work.
- Genre guidelines:
- Short, short stories (Flash Fiction) length: 1,000 words maximum
- Short stories length: ~2,000 words
- Longer manuscripts may be considered
- Poetry: All forms of poetry are acceptable. Length: up to 40 lines
- Non-Fiction: Straight non-fiction length: ~1,500 words. Backup materials and photo references may be requested upon acceptance.
- Creative Non-Fiction: Length: ~1,500 words. A snapshot of an event in a person’s life that may take a variety of forms including anecdote, memoir, or personal essay.
- All submissions must include the following at the top of each manuscript to be considered for publication:
- First and last name
- Mailing address including city and zip code
- Phone number
- Email address
- Word count
- Please also include a 2-3 sentence bio with your submission.
- We prefer electronic submissions but will accept hard copies.
- Please send electronic submissions to: [email protected] and include “Literary Submission” in the subject line. Include your manuscript(s) as an attachment. Please submit your work in Word (as a .doc file). If you send something in a file format that we can’t read or open, we will contact you.
- Please send or deliver hard copies submissions to: Life Enrichment Center, 9704 North Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33612. We prefer that all hard copy entries be typed.
- You may be asked to edit a submission if it is selected for inclusion.
- Entries will not be returned, so please keep a copy.
- If your work is accepted for publication, you will receive one free copy.
Questions? Please call the Life Enrichment Center at (813) 932-0241