Week of Jan 2nd – Jan 8th
Did You Know?
Creative Writing can improve your self esteem and decision making? Whether you choose to share your work with family and friends or keep it to yourself, creative writing can help you process emotions, work out stress, and improve mental functions.
By forcing you to put your ideas into words your ability to communicate, think, and speak all improve. It also allows you to make faster decisions and better judgement calls. Plus, creative writing can boost your focus; those who have anxiety, ADHD, or other mental issues often struggle with focus.
Creative Writing also improves your overall creativity. The more you write, the more creative your works will be. All you must do is start.
- The 2023 Anthology Creative Fire: Embers and Ashes is available. Its ready for purchase on Amazon from the Life Enrichment Center’s page at the following link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CPDH4HQ3?ref_=pe_93986420_774957520
- Artist Conversations is January 10th. We are bringing in a TBA Guest Speaker from 12 to 1. There will be light refreshments provided.
- Intro to Mah Jongg is confirmed. Returning instructor Alice Webb, will host classes starting on Monday, January 22nd from 1-3 and last for 6 weeks. This class is for those wanting to learn how to play. The signup sheet is on the resource table in the activity room or you can email us at [email protected]. Towards the end of February we will be starting an Open Play Mah Jong.
- Beginners Conversational Spanish with Ricardo Cruz is on Thursday mornings from 10 to noon. It begins on January 11th and runs through February 15th. You must sign up to attend.
- All art submissions for the Florida State Fair are due January 3rd and MUST be wired correctly. On Wednesday Jan 3rd Tim will be hosting a Wiring Class from 12-1pm. Bring in your piece so that we can guide you through wiring it correctly. Anything NOT wired correctly will be given back to you and not taken to the fair.
- We are looking for volunteers for the Florida State Fair to demo their preferred art medium or craft. Shifts are 3 hours from 10am to 1pm or 11am to 2pm. We are looking for one volunteer per day, per shift. The sign up sheet is on the resource table.
- Julie Buchanan is going to be giving a Diamond Art instructional class on January 9th and 16th from 1 to 3pm. We will have the kits available for purchase or you may bring your own.
- Encaustic Painting is Saturday January 13th from 9 to 3 with It is one day only and you will be leaving with two, beautiful finished pieces. This type of art involves a hot wax medium mixed with pigment and a prepared wood board or canvas. Don’t miss out on your chance to learn about this unique technique. Sign up is available on the resource table. Scholarships are available for this class. You must sign up to attend.
- We are bringing back the Artist of the Month. Our first two artists are Joyce Sundheim and Sheila Holbrook! If you’d like to be considered, entry tickets are on the resource table, or you can email us at [email protected]. You can also nominate an artist you believe should be highlighted. Names will be pulled at random. Who knows, you could be the artist, author, or photographer next month! Entries end of Feb 3rd.
- Friday January 26th we are going to the Dunedin Miniature Art Show. The signup sheet is available on the resource table, or you can email us at [email protected]. We will need drivers for the carpool. They do not sell tickets but suggest a minimum $5 donation.
- The Life Enrichment Center is looking for volunteers. Monday, Tuesday, and Friday afternoons, we are seeking out volunteers to work 2 hour shifts. Please speak to Arleen or Morgan if you are interested.